PSI invests in the health of employees to improve productivity and reduce costs and, of course, to help our employees optimize their physical health and mental well-being. Our program supports employees who want to make positive lifestyle changes.
A safety-first culture is a way of life at PSI.
From the first day on the job, all PSI employees are thoroughly trained in the responsibilities of their respective positions. Safety is integrated into each aspect of the job and we follow strict protocols to ensure compliance. PSI's efforts to create and maintain a safety culture includes starting meetings with safety lessons, tracking and awarding business units for strong safety performance, sharing best practices and using behavior-based safety evaluations.
To prevent injuries and the loss of life, we continue to pursue our goal using a variety of tools starting with a comprehensive risk review conducted on an annual basis.
Each incident is thoroughly investigated, and the President and Operations Manager review the results with the EH&S Compliance Manager. Incident reports and lessons learned are distributed throughout the company.
There are three key principles at the heart of our approach:
- Leadership fosters a culture where everyone is focused on safety, on managing and reducing risk and on safe, reliable and compliant operations;
- We seek to operate with clear expectations of conduct and leadership by all employees at all levels of the organization;
- Independent, effective checks and balances and self-verification are requirements strictly enforced at all levels of the organization.
While we maintain our focus on processes, practices and protocols, we also place great emphasis on how our workforce applies them, thereby working to strengthen our strong safety culture and workforce capability.
Environment, Health and Safety Features on Our Equipment Packages
Safety is the first and primary consideration in all operations. PSI takes a proactive approach setting our employees up for success through continual training and providing them with the tools necessary to safely perform their jobs. Generally, PSI’s equipment packages are equipped as follows:
- PSI Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Manual
- Drip trays for line pipe
- Whipcheck safety cables
- LEL/H2S gas detection light and strobe beacons for production testing packages
- Four sensor (H2S, LEL, O2, CO) personal gas monitors
- Self Contained Breathing Apparatuses (SCBAs)
- Fall-arrest safety harnesses with lanyards
- Mesh face-shields
- Rubber aprons, rubber gloves, goggles, plastic face shields for potential chemical handling
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), first aid kit, fire blanket, eye-wash kit, and safety compliance center located in oil data logging trailers
- Emergency Shut Down (ESD) pneumatic actuating shut-down system for production testing packages
- 20lb and 5lb Fire Extinguishers
- Fiberglass non-conductors for flare stacks
- Electric ignition systems for flare stacks with “spot” and “continual” modes